The integration of your POS with Skip requires some setup to ensure orders can be received and processed correctly. There are also some other checks you can do to make the integration more effective.
Ensure the products in your POS are how you would like your customers to see them. Check spelling, formatting and include a description where possible to help your customers make choices about what they would like to order. For applicable products this should include information like:
- Serving size, eg. serves 2
- Product info, eg 500ml bottle
- Inclusions eg. includes 2 choices of sides
The tags/categories that you use in your POS will be used to set out your menu in Skip as well. You can add multiple for each product.
You can specify which products can be ordered as dine- in (add dinein or table) or takeaway (add takeaway or pickup) by adding these as tags/categories.
Adding dietary tags to products will also be brought through to Skip and is helpful for your customers.
Modifiers & Variants
It's is important to remember that your customers won't have the benefit of you asking them what extras or variations they would like on their ordered products. This is why you must ensure all the modifiers and variants you want to have available are added to your POS.
Common modifiers to consider along with their price variation:
- For hot beverages
- Sizes offered (these can also be added as separate products however work more easily in the integration as modifiers)
- Milks offered
- Blends or origins such as decaf, etc
- Sugars and sweeteners
- Strength such as weak, strong and extra strong
- Temperature, such as Extra Hot
- Syrup flavours
- Cold/hot water/milk on side
- or any other variations that you often accommodate or offer
- For food
- Ingredients that can be added to the product
- Ingredients that can be removed from the product
- Sides or upsells available with the products
- Sauces, spreads or other options for the product, eg. fillings
- Dietary options such as gluten free
- Combos available with the product
Surcharges & Discounts
Skip can use the surcharges and discounts features in your POS to apply to products on your menu when made active.
The following are currently supported:
- Product specific or menu wide discounts as applied in the POS can be managed in Skip to also be available.
- If you are running a promotion with Skip you will see these in your POS as discounts sent from Skip.
- Saturday, Sunday or Weekend Surcharge as well as Public Holiday Surcharges. These will be sent through as an Open Surcount when setup in Skip separately. It's important to ensure your Skip account has the surcharges you want to apply.
If you are using Skip's loyalty feature it is important to note that these items will come through to your POS as $0.00 items with a 100% discount applied.
An open item of $0.00 should be added to your menu so that it can be used by Skip to transform and combine your menu as necessary. This is because the information coming from your POS may not be exactly how Skip needs it and open items are sometimes used to format the products, modifiers and sizes correctly for the Skip menu page for your venue. Skip support will discuss with you the requirements of this once your POS menu have been reviewed.
If your POS supports trading hours, it's important that they are accurate and up to date as Skip uses your POS trading hours to compare and manage your opening hours in the Skip app.
If you are offering dine-in service via Skip then it is important that your table are up to date in your POS (if supported). Ensure there are no unused or old tables in your POS.